The county seat of Scott County, in 1836, was established at Hillsboro, which was well located and has grown to a prosperous little town of about one hundred and seventy five.

Thirty years later it was removed to Forest, on the Vicksburg & Meridian rail-road, a good trading point, which has six hundred and three inhabitants, with good schools, a number of churches, several stores and manufactories, and other claims to growth and prosperity.

Other towns in this county are Lake, Raworth and Morton.

 

Back to: Mississippi Counties, Cities and Towns, 1891

Source: Biographical and Historical Memories of Mississippi, Goodspeed Publishing Company, 1891